Age 23, a full time SMU-ian, part time musician and a freelance designer.

I live in a purple heaven, lit up dimly with a lamp, with jazz music filling up the emptiness - a perfect paradise.
  • Wisdom
  • Determination
  • perseverance
  • Concentration
  • Productivity
  • Drive to go on
  • Worry less
  • More time
  • Good grades.

tom

MBS Peeps
Li Xian
Li Qin

GM Mates
Bang Bang
Naima
Multimedia Professionals
ah Pooh darling
Xinda
Tze Weng
Xiang Jun
Aifen
Claire
Ahmad
Liu Yong
Mick
Jeremy
Tracy
Michelle
Shi Jian
Peggy
Wendy
Xiuli
Rayston
Derek

SP Band Musicians
Liang You
Jiahui
Xue Chun
Yanxi
Lifen
Venessa
Ming Wei
Jessica

Strings
Feiyou
Jonathan

Apes
Jul
Claurene
Ernest

SMU
Tey
jolyn

Others
Zann
Jialin
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009

Scoldings, scoldings and more scoldings.
Monday, May 23, 2005

This whole damn week, I've been woken up by scoldings. Not me, but my maid. It's so damn frustrating. Work is already stressful, what's making it worse is my mom! Mummy has been scolding my maid early in the morning, everyday! GOSH. THAT'S SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO UNBEARABLE. I woke up because of the noise, and not because of the alarm clock. which left me like few minutes to the sounding of the alarm clock. and I simply hate this. The feeling of not-enough-sleep derived from the shortage of few mins. arghh.

And the scoldings are not like the quite-soft kind.. It's the YELLING kind. AHHHH *pulls hair* Everybody's sleeping, and there's yelling going on. wtf. I'm going crazy someday. definitely. I mean, why lose your temper, or rather get so frustrated and angry over a maid? knowing that they dont understand english fast enough, and learning slow?

If fast understanding and know english is needed, why not get a phillipino maid, spending a few hundred more (i think 200 more) and get down to mummy's normal self? Is it really fun to get angry everyday? every morning and spoiling the rest of the day? and even spoil other people's mood by venting anger on them? It's ridiculous.

Mummy is a taurus - same as me. I mean I do get bad temper at times of course, and I do flare up quite easily. But I guess I learnt anger management few years back. There's only a difference in us - I learn music, she dont. And I believe music really bring my temper down alot alot. Ahh, but I do understand not everybody has a passion for music, esp classical yea.

Hopefully mummy doesnt get too aggressive. sigh. It's quite a terrible headache when I see her flaring up. so uncontrollable. The only way to save your ass? - go out early in the morning and come back late at night.

That's what I am now. I mean, it's inevitable. Work + strings, saturday - chill out day. Packed. haha. But as for sundays, I try to stay at home as much as possible, meaning most likely when people ask me out on Sundays, I'll reject. Even those days that I dont have strings practice, I go home, instead of going out to chill, even I want that very much. Relaxation is what i really need mann.

I seriously dont like scoldings from other people, when they didn't even try to understand first. Like my mom, on saturday, got a terrible scolding from her. Which, I've NEVER got that kind of shit before at all! Partly, I'm a lil on the wrong part - reaching home at 3am. I told mummy I went supper at 12. 12 to 3 = 3 hours. I mean, It's quite reasonable what~ She expects me to finish the food, and poof! home. wth~

even from young, I've been a goody girl. muahhaha. I mean cos when young, mummy scold because of bad result. Though my results are not those in the top, but it's reasonably, fairly good I would say, compared to my siblings. I'm safe on this side mann. lol.

No more late nights, honest supper, and late night activities for me anymore. Mummy's gonna throw me out the next time i think. Taurus can do anything when in their hot temper. never try on her mann. scary. lol.

----
Just finish my piano lesson. Woke up feeling quite grouchy actually. Having to wake up so damn early on a holiday. sadded ah. Anyway, Ms Koh was late again - 30 mins. quite ok lah, I was watching some not-interesting drama on SCV. -.-

The beginning of the lesson was good.. concentrating well, and played fairly OK. Until.. mummy woke up. Went to the kitchen, (my piano is beside my kitchen), and started the scolding. It's loud. yes. Definitely disturbed my concentration. I've been hearing the scoldings for the whole DAMN WEEK. Simply couldn't ignore it. My head's gonna explode real soon I cant even hear properly what I'm playing.

Mistakes everywhere, replay and replay the song for so many times. Which adds on to the frustration in me. IMMA PISSED! Bang really hard on the piano, and make myself listen to the notes and concentrating my fingers. Horrible morning. That is why, I never like to stay at home during public holiday. Ironically, I dont realy like to go out on public holidays either. Mummy will start nagging why am I always out.

HELLOOOOO.. I spend my time during weekdays on work and music. Isn't it good? I invest my time on something GOOD for me. From the day I joined band, and took up music, Mummy never approve. She doesn't like. Reason? - Mummy thinks I'm spending too much time on band, strings. She only likes me learning piano. u know lah, typical thinking.

I'ts not like I'm out every day for fun. I do go home and spend family time with them. But the impression created is like, I dont ever like to stay at home, only wanna to have fun and fun and more fun.

Mummy treats me well, I know. Alot of stuffs that parents had done, are for their children. I mean besides that, I do hope that they can be more understanding. Or maybe mummy doesn't see much of the outside world - my generation. Which i can understand, cos her office only consists of her age people.lol.

Maybe I just couldn't understand why other parents can understand their kids enough while my mom cant. My dad actually understands us u know! That's so amazing. :) He understands what we need, and what we dont need. Sometimes he do pamper us with watches and stuffs he bought from overseas. But thank God he stopped buying and choosing clothings for us. HAHAHA. :x no laaaa, but he dont understand our dress sense that's all. afterall, he's a guy!

----
Well well, I felt much better writing these. lol. I need to vent my frustration somehow. But I dont want to vent on other people. I shall draw a monkey and poke it hard later. HAHA. - chingling taught me that.

Hopefully tom and furniture browsing later will brighten up my day. :)

posted by Cecilia @ 9:44 AM